Q & A about www.pleasantonne.com
- 1. Why did the town Pleasanton need a website?
- We felt that Pleasanton would be better served in the digital age with a website as an additional
source of information for web users. Having a website will also give out of town alumni an avenue
to keep in touch with the community and local happenings.
- 2. Will this website replace the website that the school provides?
- This website was not designed to conflict or replace the Pleasanton Schools website. It is being designed to compliment
it and add other information that is more town related and not school related.
- 3. How much will the website cost the community and taxpayers?
- The website is being offered for no cost to the community. The site is currently being offered free of charge and
all fees are being paid by Bubba's Computers 'n More.
- 4. If the website is free then why does it cost to place a Classified Ad or page sponsor on the website?
- The goal of the website is to eventually have all of its costs paid by these fees. We have tried to keep the fees
as little as possible so that it offers these services at a very good price compared to other advertising such as radio,
newspaper, etc. Also some of the fees will be returned to the community.
- 5. Can you explain how those fees will be returned to the community?
- At the current time, any fee that is paid for Classified Ads or page sponsor will have 10% directly put back into the
community in the form of grants offered for community events, funding for special requests, etc. We would like to
plan in the future to be even able to offer a scholarship fund.
- 6. I would like to place a Classified Ad on the website. How do I do this?
- There are 2 ways to place a classified ad. The first way is to call Shayne at 308.388.4513 in the evenings and he
can get the needed information. The second way is to click on the Contact Us or Classified Ads section of the website
and fill out the Classified Ad Form. Once approved,
your ad will be displayed for 30 days.
- 7. I would like to have my business listed in the Business Directory. What are the requirements and how do I get listed?
- The only requirement is that your business or service must be available to someone in the Pleasanton community or area aroune
Pleasanton. To get listed, there are 2 ways. The first way is to contact Shayne at 308.388.4513 in the evenings and he can get the needed
information. The other way is to go online and either proceed to the Business Listing or Contact Us area and fill out
the required forms.
- 8. Are there any new features planned?
- At the current time there are many new things planned. The goal is to keep the website always as a valuable tool to all
whom wish to use it. Some of the current ideas are:
We would like to make the site a community site and ideas be driven by the community.
- Calendar of Events
- Email addresses that end in @pleasantonne.com
- Online town recipes
- online cemetary records(by PHS computer class)
- other requested services or ideas from the community
- 9. Is it possible to sponsor a page with my business advertisement?
- Yes it is possible to sponsor a page with your business banner ad. The cost will vary depending on look of the ad and
what functionality this ad entails. You will need to contact Shayne at 308.388.4513 or send an email.
At that time cost and ad information will be discussed.
- 10. The business listing and page sponsor is great but I would like to have my own page with my business information. Is this possible?
- Yes this is an option that you may pursue. If you already have a website you can have that attached to the Business Listing
or your page sponsor ad. If you do not already have one and would like to inquiry, then give Shayne a call at 308.388.4513 or
send an email and we can get you set up.
Beacon Observer |
Google Maps |
Village of Pleasanton |